Going to the beach is for many synonymous with fun, walks, baths, relaxation, sun... However, not everyone knows that sea water also provides a multitude of benefits on a physical, mental and emotional level. Drinking sea water helps balance the body, prevents and improves some pathologies, improves skin quality and relieves stress. All this is because it contains essential nutrients
The sea and our body
If we stop to think about the relationship between the sea and our organism, we can find several similarities. On the one hand, seawater is very similar in mineral composition to blood plasma where our cells bathe. On the other hand, the 70% of our organism is water, coincidentally the same proportion that the sea has in the whole of the Earth.
In sea water we can find all the minerals that are necessary for the proper functioning of our cells. This can provide us with a multitude of benefits for our health.
The sea as therapy
At the beginning of the 20th century, a French researcher René Quinton studied the benefits of seawater for various pathologies. Together with Dr. Jarricot, he founded the "Marine Clinics", therapies that used seawater to treat the abundant cases of malnutrition, infectious diseases and skin problems. It was then that the idea of bottling seawater to use it as a treatment arose.
Today the benefits of seawater on health are still being studied and it is used in numerous therapies.
What are the main benefits of sea water?
Sea water contains minerals such as zinc, iodine, potassium, magnesium and other trace elements that provide many beneficial properties for health:
- Water relaxes muscles and promotes recovery from injuries. What is widely used for rehabilitation and postoperative cases.
- It has an antibiotic and antiseptic effect. Helps prevent wound infections and healing.
- Improves and relieves symptoms in respiratory problems. Bathing on the beach helps to eliminate nasal obstruction in colds and in cases of sinusitis, it eliminates phlegm and mucus.
- Relieves joint pain in cases of osteoarthritis and arthritis.
- The minerals in the water help improve the quality of the skin. Sea water exfoliates, heals and revitalizes.
- Walking on the beach relaxes and improves the mood, thus preventing stress and insomnia.
Drinking water as a supplement is beneficial to health.
- It is usually recommended in treatments to combat mineral deficiency and combat cases of malnutrition.
- Fights gastroenteritis and neutralizes stomach acidity.
- Its alkaline properties improve organ health.
- Improves liver and kidney problems.
It is advisable to consult a doctor before using seawater as supplementation therapy.